Sunday 9 May 2010

The World Is Watching

As a Tory I've got used to losing elections. Three times I've put my cross in the box and three times I've watched Labour claim the Crown.

I'm a former soldier - I don't like losing. However, I have accepted those three defeats with dignity and a resolve to try and win for my Party next time.

There is no one who can deny Gordon Brown and NuLabour lost on Friday. The result was an overwhelming decision by the electorate that NuLabour had come to the end of its tracks. The Torys had a mountain to climb to gain a majority and despite a swing rivalling Thatchers in 79 they failed to clinch the deal. So close but no cigar.

The Torys did however gain more seats. So although it wasn't an outright victory it should have been enough for Brown to have accepted defeat. I have no love for Gordon Brown but his desperation to cling to power is now not only nauseating - it is perilous for our Country. The economic crises has taken a back seat as Journalists walk past CGI mock ups of Electoral reform.

A handful of hard left protestors seem to have taken our eye of the ball. Unless decisive action is taken immediately, the Markets will punish us and they will punish us harshly.

JFK once said 'Ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country.' Sage words indeed. This media spectacle must end. Brown must resign. Anything less in the current economic climate would be an act of treason.

2 comments:

  1. Labour didn't lose, they came off better than any other party in the election.

    I know this for a fact, because the Drones are twitting it. And when asked for an explanation, one replied:

    They were supposed to come off much worse than they did. They did better than the polls suggested, therefore they did better than the other parties.

    And that, ladies and gentlemen, is what I call "in denial".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, Uncle Marvo - "Denial. More than de river in d'Egypt".

    As for Brown - his failure to resign is patently ridiculous and the fact that the pound has risen this morning is as a consequence of people piling out of the €.

    The Con/Lib pact will almost certainly fail within 12 months but I fear that we'll then see the Limp Dems unelectable having sold out their electorate.

    ReplyDelete