Monday 18 January 2010

Billy Two Sticks

I don't like standing out in the cold to smoke a cigarette. I find it annoying. But what really gets my forehead vein pounding fit to burst is watching old Billy go for a ciggy.

He struggles to get outside with his two walking-sticks (refusing offers of help - he's a proud man) His 89 year old body then has to hack the rain, wind and more recently snow (I've told him to hang on a bit longer. Climate Change will keep us all warm - Al Gore says so)

Billy was a Desert Rat in El Alamein. He fought against the Africa Korp with the 8th Army. He stands 5' 6" tall and weighs no more than 7 stone pissed wet through..

A young chap asked Billy this weekend why he just doesn't pack in the fags and knock it on the head. Stating if he carries on standing outside much longer the weather will kill him off for sure.

Billy pulled on his flat-cap grabbed his sticks and said 'There was this old chap Hitler and his pals back in the day. They wanted to tell us all what to do with our lives and like I said back then... They can fuck right off'

I laughed so hard I nearly fell off my stool.

No comments:

Post a Comment